Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I had a bizarre dream last night.

St. Thomas informed me that I hadn't actually graduated yet because I failed gym. Apparently I hadn't even shown up for the entire semester and the gym prof refused to pass me. Imagine my shock--I didn't even know I'd signed up for gym. So I went up to my office where I keep all of my records (and which apparently is now located in the IDS Kinkos) and pulled my original schedule printout from the drawer (it was printed on the side of a Diogiorno pizza box). Sure enough, there's gym, listed right above the temperature recommended for extra crispy crust. Freaked me out enough to wake up and realize that gym classes don't count toward law credits anyway.

Another odd thing here: my "I'm going to fail academia" dreams always come at least a couple months late. This one came almost two months to the day after I graduated, when I'm busy stressing over the bar exam. You'd think a guy would have a nasty-though-completely-nonsensical nightmare about that. Two weeks into my 1L year, I dreamt that I'd gotten a score of 30 on the LSAT rather than dreaming that I'd fail out of law school after a semester or something a bit more timely (minimum possible score is something like 120, I believe--that just made the humiliation worse in the dream though).

Who knows, maybe that's a gift? Better to sleep-fret months later when you can wake up and know that the entire point of the dream is moot, right? Either way, I now fully expect to have a dream where all the questions on the MBE end up being on mortgage seniority and I receive a scaled score of 12. Look for that one in about six months...

2 Comments:

Blogger melissa o said...

I visited your place of alumni today...WHAT a CAMPUS!

I am impressed.

(Don't worry 'bout the dreams. I had wedding nightmares 6 months after we got married. Chalk it up to the psyche.)

Tue Jul 11, 08:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger T-Mac said...

How did you know what I got on the LSAT?! :-) Sleep well.

Tue Jul 11, 11:01:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home