Friday, June 23, 2006

Travesty

I had to get Minnesota plates yesterday. That's an unfortunate consequence of changing one's domicile. I took my trusty county 2 plates and buried them in a field side by side. When I came back the next day, a red fern had grown over both their graves. Then everyone wept.

Other nasty side effect: Minnesota plates are kinda lame. I could get one of those specialty plates, but I don't much care for loons, Lewis and Clark never came to Minnesota, and the state lacks much in the way of Carroll College grads.

Know what would be wicked? Throwback plates. If I can get a 1950s Brooklyn Dodgers jersey at Lids, then I should be able to get 1989 Montana bicentennial plates for my car. As it turns out, Montana has vintage plates, but you can only put them on old cars not used for general transportation. Oppression.

Alright. I've gotta go learn how to talk like the people in Fargo. More later.

9 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

Hahaaaa....I bet those new plates suck, donchaknow.

Sat Jun 24, 01:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Yah, sure. Ya betcha.

Sat Jun 24, 02:11:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the same thing with my WY plates. They didn't grow red ferns though - everything growing within a hundred feet of the grave just whithered and died.

Sat Jun 24, 04:48:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Montana just changed its plates. You can no longer get the simple blue and white plates anymore (not that it matters to me since I'm still sporting Idaho plates).

P.S. You coming to Scott and Annie's wedding in July?

P.P.S. How far is Duluth, MN, from where you are? I'm going to be in Duluth for a week (July 24-28) for a training seminar for AmeriCorps/MT Legal Services stuff. I'm not sure what the training itinerary is like, but I'm sure there's some time to hang out. :)

Sun Jun 25, 02:01:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Shea:

I never really liked the blue and white ones. They looked like a snowstorm. You could barely even make out the outline of the state. I saw the new ones not too long ago--they look a little quirky too with the new typeface and whatnot. I think they should just have a big ass Russell-style cattle skull.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Scott and Hefeweisen's wedding. It's just a couple weeks before the bar exam. I'll be making it out to Helena for Warhank and Hanshew's though, if you're around at that point.

Duluth is only a two or three miles away from the Twin Cities. Not bad at all. I might be able to make it up there, but it would have to be the 27th or 28th since the bar is the 25th and 26th...And I'm not likely to know my own name the next day. Are you driving out there or flying?

Sun Jun 25, 04:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

And by "miles," of course, I mean "hours."

Niner...

Sun Jun 25, 05:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger LawNut said...

Please don't speak like the people did in Fargo. Please. Like nails on a chalkboard. No offense, anyone.

Sun Jun 25, 09:29:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be flying out there. I don't know the flight schedule yet, but if I'm around for long enough on the 28th, that'd probably work out.

Oh, and good luck on the bar. :)

Mon Jun 26, 10:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger melissa o said...

Oh geez. Getting new plates. Uhhh. YEAH. I'm just going to stick with our Utah plates - you think that the MN authorities will be OK with that?

No? Ok.

Thu Jun 29, 10:10:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home