Thursday, October 12, 2006

Minnesotan by way of Montana

This is something that the Minnesotans in the crowd may find interesting. As it turns out, I do come from this state, albeit very indirectly. I've always known that my grandmother on my mom's side of the family was born and spent half of her childhood in St. Rose, Minnesota (a very small town in the St. Cloud area). But while I was back home for the wedding in Montana, I discovered that the Clark side derives from the Gopher state as well.

Back in the latter half of the 1800s, before my great, great grandfather W.S. Clark took up mining in Parrot, Montana (Twin Bridges area), he grew up and received his schooling in none other than Red Wing, Minnesota. So having been the first of my paternal line since W.S. to have taken up residence outside of Montana, I guess it makes a lot of sense to have settled only a stone's throw from where we came from in the first place.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sense a sequel to "Deadwood" in the making

Thu Oct 12, 12:05:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home