Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ned Colletti on the Torre deal.

ESPN is reporting that the Dodgers are finally talking about Torre openly:

Los Angeles Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti sidestepped the Joe Torre question Tuesday, but on Wednesday he admitted to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark that there is "mutual interest" between the team and the former Yankees manager.

Okay. I like that part so far.
Colletti told Stark that the Dodgers and Torre are "in the early stages of getting to know each other."

And why shouldn't they be?
"I've watched stuff in the last 72 hours that I can't believe I'm watching," Colletti said.

Ouch. That part isn't good. I like what I've been hearing in the last 72 hours. I want more of it, in fact.

"I can tell you we do not have an agreement. I've seen more inaccuracy than I can ever remember."

More inaccuracy than you can ever remember? Don't play coy with me, Ned. By "inaccuracy," do you mean kinda like "Grady Little is our manager for 2008"? That kind of inaccuracy?

"I'm not going to get into where the negotiations are," Colletti said. "It's still early in the process in some ways." When asked if the parties were close, Colletti replied: "I don't categorize anything as close, far. It's either done or it's not done."

Translation: They're pretty close.

Get it done, Ned.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home