Thursday, February 16, 2006

More thoughts on 24


The decision to cast Sean Astin as Lynn McGill on 24 was a questionable one. I just have trouble taking him seriously. Highlights from next week's episode:

Audrey: You're not suggesting that we let them release a canister of nerve gas in a crowded mall...
McGill: That's exactly what we're going to do. It's the only way we can find the terrorists and the other 19 canisters.

(Climbs on chair)

And when we find the terrorists, we're gonna attack. We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. We're gonna get 'em on the run, boys, and once we get 'em on the run we're gonna keep 'em on the run. And then we're gonna go go go go go go and we're not gonna stop 'til we get across that goal line. This is an agency they say is....... is good. Well, I think were better than them. They can't lick us! So what do you say, men?

Buchanan: MCGILL! Are you ready champ?
McGill: I've been ready for this my whole life.
Buchanan: Then you take us out on the field.
McGill: You're the only one who ever took me seriously, Bill.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think you need some 24-Anonymous help you know...

Thu Feb 16, 03:06:00 PM CST  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

I could stop if I wanted to.

Thu Feb 16, 03:15:00 PM CST  
Blogger T-Mac said...

How about, "I can't carry the nerve gas, Buchanan, but I can carry you!" :-)

Thu Feb 16, 05:31:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Shea! Brett, you're dreaming if you think you could just "walk away" from 24 - dreaming.

Thu Feb 16, 08:50:00 PM CST  
Blogger T-Mac said...

I got in to Vermont and UDC and still have like 8 to hear from, including some of my favorites! :-)

Mon Feb 20, 06:54:00 PM CST  
Blogger Valerie said...

Sean is great but he's too fat for this role. Anyone in his position would not have time to eat and the stress would sweat off the pounds. Could someone please tell me how all these people get cell phone service in the underground bunker that is CTU?

Wed Mar 08, 02:04:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home