Monday, May 14, 2007

24 LiveBlogging 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.

Gonna give the liveblogging a go here.

Morris puts his jacket over Milo's face. Too bad. I think he really liked that jacket. He was wearing it last season too.

Ya know, I might be the only one, but I think that Mike Doyle is Josh’s father. Look at the two of them. They even have the same damn haircut.

Morris chokin’ some Chinese dude?

Jack: “Nadia, you did great…Except for the part where you let Milo get shot. But other than that, bang up job. Gold star.”

Jack knows the schematics of this building better than anyone. What he was doing studying the sewer system below CTU I have no idea.

Commercial

Elisha Cuthbert: Abduction. Confinement. Torture. Termination. Cougars. Coming June 22.

3:13… Papa Bauer: “As such a great patriot, I’m taking you away from this ungrateful country…to a communist one. And don’t worry. You won’t stick out at all.”

Mike Doyle never let’s a helmet mess up that sweet do no matter how many people are shooting at his head.

3:17: Josh in Jack’s arms: “Wanna have a catch….Dad?”

3:27: Holy crap….How long have Lisa Miller and the mole been going at it? At least she has an excuse to go freshen up now.

3:35:

Commercial

Did I just see Dane Cook in a preview for a serious movie? I don’t think I care for that.

Ugh, I will never buy a MacIntosh because of these commercials. Reeks of pretense.

3:41: “I’m here to investigate the security breach. Does something smell like sewer?”

Miles: “Um, Nadia…Any chance I could get CTU to cover the dry cleaning on that sport jacket? Promise I’ll get a receipt.”

The plot line with the Russians makes zero sense. Even if this little tiny component were somehow the key to Russian defense, why would the Russians further compromise their defense by starting a war with the biggest kid on the block? Then you’ve got all of your forces locked up with American forces in Europe and South Asia AND you’ve got your ass hanging out in the wind for the Chinese to do whatever. Of course Acting President Curly Bill Brocious tried making the same move vis-à-vis Unnamed Arab Country earlier in the day, so it’s also kind of ironic.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger TheJackSack said...

The plot is not working for me either- the Russians, the Josh fixation by Grandpappy... Bring back TONY!!!!!!

Tue May 15, 10:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger melissa o said...

Not 24 related...

I think you and my husband would get along so well - he hates the Mac commericals too. (I, on the other hand, love them...)

Tue May 15, 06:50:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They tried to explain why Russia would "further compromise their defense by starting a war with the biggest kid on the block" when I think it was the VP and Tom Lennox figured out the Russia premier was under pressure to attack America by the far right, and they were using the chip as an excuse to force his hand. There motives are of course probably internal to Russia.

It was sloppily done but at least they recognized the problem with the entire scenerio and tried to do something about it, no matter how lame.

Thu May 17, 01:16:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Paul:

That's true. I wrote that probably about fifteen minutes before they speculated that there was pressure on President Subaru.

Thu May 17, 02:17:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home