Monday, November 05, 2007

The picture I've been waiting for.


Vin Scully formally introduces Joe Torre as Dodgers skipper along with Frank McCourt and Ned Colletti.
Don Mattingly and Larry Bowa have both also been officially hired as bench coach and hitting coach. From the Los Angeles Times:
Two coaches for Torre's staff have been hired: Don Mattingly and Larry Bowa, both of whom were coaches under Torre in New York. Mattingly has a son, Preston, who is in the Dodgers' minor league organization.

"Don Mattingly, I can't tell you how excited he is," Torre said. "We're just looking to go to work."

Torre, who was raised in Brooklyn and has managed the Yankees and now will manage the Dodgers, admitted when he was growing up, "I was a Giants fan. I want to apologize for that."
Things are finally looking up.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was confident that you would be all over this. :)

Tue Nov 06, 04:35:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home