Thursday, May 19, 2005

I had a weird dream last night. I know most people have had the dream where they're suddenly naked at school or at work. This was similar...only really not.

I suddenly found myself in my underwear, wandering around the Montana capitol. And here's what's really odd. I was wearing tighty whiteys. The thing is, I wasn't embarrassed about it. I was just wandering around and someone I know would notice that I'm nearly naked, chuckle and ask about it. I'd just say that I forgot to put on clothes that day and go on with whatever we were talking about.

Now according to the dream dictionary thinger online, dreaming that you're in your underwear signifies hesitance in revealing your true feelings or some private aspect of yourself. I'm not quite so sure that's it though; I'm usually a pretty transparent guy. Unfortunately, there aren't any entries under "tighty whiteys" or "Montana state capitol."

What would Freud say?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Freud would say...
(1) "Dreams are the fulfilment of a wish"
(2) "Dreams are the disguised fulfilment of a wish"
(3) "Dreams are the disguised fulfilment of a repressed wish"
(4) "Dreams are the disguised fulfilment of a repressed, infantile wish"

He would also say that you are condensing many messages into one dream state so you have to break it into pieces but the pieces may not be related to one another.

And PS your dream does not show an anxiety because a) while naked you are able to communicate with others without fear and b) the others in your dream reprove and notice your nakedness. Neither of these things fits into Freuds construct of the 'naked dream.'

And that is what I paid money to learn in Psych 301.

Thu May 19, 08:14:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

You knew you took those psych classes for something, huh?

Thu May 19, 09:32:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home