Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Joey Washburn - Married.




This is Joey.

This is the guy who:

  • refused to wear Nike throughout high school;

swore off jeans and wore nothing but corduroys for three years;

  • baptized the backseat of my 1982 Skylark in Bud Light and then proceeded to desecrate an elementary school playground;

shaved his head, pierced his face, and grew a big ass beard in college.

This is Joey immediately after tying the knot at the Orange County home of his fiancee (now wife, I guess).

How bizarre it is to think that I've been friends with this guy since I was 14 years old and that now he has a wife. This really shouldn't come as a shock to me. Hell, I was engaged just seven months ago. Still, it's much different seeing your friend go as opposed to doing it yourself. Besides, I called this one years ago. Back at high school debate camp in Ann Arbor during the summer of 1997, I told Joey that he was going to be carting around a minivan with a wife and three kids someday. He scoffed. This was right after he got done showing off his new purchase of a "I like the Pope, the Pope smokes dope" t-shirt. The little poseur had never even touched dope...

I do hope that the two of them are incredibly happy together. They do make a cute couple...especially now that Joey has hair.

Anyway, many congratulations, Joey and Amanda, and best of luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! That's amazing. How did they meet? Mikey and I say congratulationsn if you ever get to talk to him and think to mention it.

Amy

Fri Jul 22, 11:21:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Ya know, I'm really not sure how they met specifically. I know they both did debate and went to NAU though. Haven't seen ya on AIM in awhile. Hope you're enjoying the summer job in AZ.

Thu Jul 28, 11:01:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home