Monday, August 08, 2005

The Law Firm II - "Olirosa"

This show is like a train wreck. I know it's horrible, yet I can't help watching. I'm inexplicably drawn to it.

To my credit though, I only saw the ending of "The Law Firm" this last Thursday. Here's my call: sucker's rigged. Here's what went down. Again, two cases of mediocre importance with the entire group divided into four teams. One case involves a guy who created a wanted poster of his buddy portraying him as a terrorist. Yawn. The other was a dispute over the terms of a contract. This guy named Olivier is working on the contract case. But before getting to what actually happened, let's get a few things straight. First, no one is named Olivier. On the off chance that some ghoulish parent actually names a child Olivier, that child will either go by Olly his entire life hoping that no one finds out the awful truth or turn into an apple martini-drinking, Thomas Pink-wearing, self-important douche. You can probably guess which one this guy became.

Olivier is a total creep. He's lost both cases on the show he's been involved with, yet he still thinks he's superior to everyone around him. For starters, he always has his hand on face or forehead. No idea how he gets anything done with only one hand to work with because it is quite literally attached. He'll throw that bad boy up there and then let out a big sigh...because it's so draining having to deal with all of these morons around him.

Unfortunately, the judges on this show apparently haven't clued into Olivier's superior intellect. This man is the Anti-Midas. His frustrations became evident this last episode, however, when the judge ruled against Olivier's client (sigh). Incredulous, Olivier interrupted the judge's explanation to tell him why he was wrong. Then he jumps out of his chair, yells "This is bullshit" at the judge, and storms out. Now, granted I still have another year of law school to go, but my experience tells me that this is a strategic mistake. If the judge's ruling is adverse, then smile, gather your things, thank the judge for his time, and plot your appeal. Do your best to be a big boy about it.

So this guy's a sure fire bet to get canned, right? Wrong. They meet up in Roy Black's office. Black singles out Olivier and says not word one to anyone else on his team. But then he ends up firing some other chick without explanation. ("The verdict is in and you are out." Gag me.)

WTF?? There's only one explanation. This show is rigged. They need an Omarosa in order to make the "Apprentice" ripoff complete. Some incompetent boob who thinks he's the top dog but that everyone else hates. It's total crap, yet I already know that despite my best efforts, I'll end up watching this garbage again come Thursday...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you watch this show. Oh, and you spelled Omarosa's name wrong...

Mon Aug 08, 12:23:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

I give no excuses for watching it. Duly noted on the spelling error.

Mon Aug 08, 12:31:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Big Sky Girl said...

I have been trying to forget that this show exists. There is part of me that is inexplicably drawn to reliving my childhood at the SBC court house, but there is also part of me that would like to retain a level of respect for the legal profession.

But your recaps are like methadone, and I will continue to stay away.

Mon Aug 08, 01:00:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, they don't need another Omarosa. They've apparently already got one in this guy. The whole "this is bullshit" scene in the courtroom and all.

I can proudly say that I have no watched this show at all. ;)

Tue Aug 09, 01:36:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Ya know, I don't think many people are. It's just NBC and me. And Olivier.

Tue Aug 09, 08:57:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home