Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Lawffice Space

Bateson comes up to Peter.

BATESON
Hello, Peter. What's happening? Uh… we have sort of a problem here. Yeah. You apparently didn't put one of the new coversheets on your PPDP reports.

PETER
Oh, yeah. I'm sorry about that. I, I forgot.

BATESON
Mmmm…Yeah. You see, we’re putting the coversheets on all PPDP reports now before they go out. Did you see the memo about this?

PETER
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I've got the memo right here, but, uh, I just forgot. But it's not shipping out until tomorrow, so there's no problem.

BATESON
Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on, that would be great. And I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo Mmmm, k?

(He walks away.)

PETER
Yeah, yeah, I've got the memo, I've got -

He picks it up but Bateson's at another table.

...

Dudding walks up.

DUDDING
Hello, Peter. What's happening? (Big smile) We need to talk about your PPDP reports.

PETER
Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bateson talked to me about it.

DUDDING
Yeah. Did you get that memo?

PETER
Yeah. (holds it up) I got the memo. And I understand the policy. The problem is, I just forgot this time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not a problem anymore.

(Dudding nods.)

DUDDING
Yeah. It's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the PPDP reports now before they go out now. So if you could just try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.

She walks away. Peter's phone rings and he answers it.

PETER
Peter Gibbons. (listens) Yes. (listens) I have the memo.

1 Comments:

Blogger T-Mac said...

One of the best scenes in the movie!

Wed Dec 21, 05:06:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home