Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Things to do for fun when judging World Debating Championship in Ireland

  • Wear "USA Hockey" hat (have this) at all times.
  • Rotate between "United We Stand," "Don't Tread on Me," and "These Colors Don't Run" t-shirts.
  • Should the War come up in any casual conversation, ask, "Well, don't you support our troops?"
  • "You don't like America? I bet you hate God, too."
  • Reference FOX News for any and all contentions.
  • Request Budweiser at all trips to the pub.
  • Find anyone from a country that the United States soccer team has beaten this year (esp. Mexico or Costa Rica). Casually bring soccer into the conversation, but act surprised to find out that the U.S. has a team.
  • Call it "soccer."
  • Inform every Irishman that my great, great, great grandparents were Irish. Posit blood relation.
  • EDIT: Mimic accents of round participants during critique.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were coming to dublin! As a judge... for whom? Does your school have a team? Why are you judging instead of debating?

We get there the 26th and leave the 9th! See you then!

Bridget

Wed Dec 14, 01:20:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful there, or Shea and Scott may refuse to hang out with you :)

Wed Dec 14, 11:43:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, we'll just take his USA Hockey hat. Because I want it.

Wed Dec 14, 11:52:00 AM CST  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

You can have my USA Hockey hat when you pry it from my dead, lifeless fingers.

Wed Dec 14, 01:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger T-Mac said...

Yea, why aren't you debating?

Wed Dec 14, 01:53:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shea, get the hat - I hate it :)

Wed Dec 14, 10:25:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, no problem. Only if you promise to be on our softball team again this year for softball weekend. We died without you last year. ;)

Thu Dec 15, 02:07:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, I so wish that I could be there! Those weekends were always so much fun!! I'm missing MT like crazy right now, especially the mountains. On another note, please make Mr. Clark behave - I'm counting on you, Shea :)

Thu Dec 15, 03:18:00 PM CST  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

OK, Shea might be able to steal my USA Hockey hat and she might even convince me to behave, but she sure as hellfire ain't gonna do both.

Thu Dec 15, 04:58:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GET BACK TO STUDYING, BRETT! Shea is "every woman", as you say, and will have no problem with either challenge I'm sure.

Thu Dec 15, 05:18:00 PM CST  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Shea touches my hat and we're gonna have a misunderstanding.

:o)

Thu Dec 15, 07:32:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...we'll see 'bout that. I am the master of misunderstanding resolution. And besides, now I've got someone counting on me. ;)

That hat is *mine*. :)

Sun Dec 18, 12:23:00 AM CST  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Push me on this. Because I'm this close to buying the 1980 US Olympic hockey team jersey to match.

Wed Dec 21, 02:27:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home