Monday, April 24, 2006

A day in the life of...

NOFX's new Wolves in Wolves' Clothing contains a track about Minneapolis' own Triple Rock Social Club entitled "Seeing Double at the Triple Rock." Get it from iTunes here.

As far as everything else is concerned, I'm standing at the cusp of finals, staring into the abyss. It actually won't be all that bad, I hope. Trial Advocacy is done and it went pretty damn well. Pavlak, Lea and I managed to work a couple of Anchorman quotes into the mix and, in the process, convinced five jurors that Ross Easterfield did defame Jesse MacIntyre to Lee Marlow and Reeve Winsor.


ME: And how did you come to find the brooch?

LEA: I was dusting the...many leatherbound books...in the Easterfield library when I saw it on the shelf at about eye level.

(Muffled snickers)

Later during the cross of Ross Easterfield...


ME: Mr. Easterfield, you're kind of a big deal. People know you. Surely you weren't surprised that Ms. MacIntyre became nervous once you began interrogating her?


Pavlak did great. It was truly a pleasure working with him. He'll do great next year as an attorney or fighting jihadists...Whichever he ends up doing. Hope he's in a courtroom rather than a humvee, but I guess that's up to the Marine Corps. The fact that he's willing to do it tells you a lot about the guy. And as for Lea, she did a stellar job as one of our witnesses, as did Kate Hibbard. She gets an Oscar for her performance up there. They both took their roles naturally. ;o)

Friday night was the kickoff event for my cousin Ryan and his new venture, The Dink (website's not quite functioning yet--I'll put up a post when it is). It's a brand new Minneapolis-area newspaper targeted at 18-25 year-olds with a little bit of Onion flavor to it. Friday night they held an event at Blarney's in Dinkytown. We had one hell of a time out there. I got to catch up with Ryan's little brother Kyle who I haven't seen in a few years. The festivities lasted well into the morning. I was at the after-party until 4 a.m. I'm looking forward to seeing what these kids can do with it. So anyway, if you see a copy around town (there are 20,000 of them so far), check 'er out. More on The Dink in the future.

Last night was the famous Tommy Law Booze Cruise. What originally was a law school talent show last year turned into a karaoke-fest when they decided to rent a Mississippi riverboat instead of having it at the law school. It was a kick ass time last year. This year, things started out rather poorly when we discovered that the DJ provided by the boat company didn't do karaoke. The guy didn't even have a monitor. Lisa grabbed a mike and decided she was going to sing "Proud Mary" anyway. I followed with "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash. That got the ball rolling. Turned out to be a rockin' time. Afterwards, we all headed to Lyon's Pub in downtown for a (few) nightcaps. Wonderful evening.

Oh, and the ole lady is in Vegas this weekend with her high school friends. It's really too bad for her, though...She went all the way to Vegas and I would contend that I still had a better time than she did.

Anyway, like I was saying, three finals left. Ever. That's really something when you think about it. Tomorrow will be the last class I ever have to take. Twenty years. I'm not sure what I'll do with myself. Probably work. I understand that to be a condition of being done with the whole class thing. Other than that, my volunteer hours are completely done. I added them all up and it turns out I had them finished in my third semester of law school. Now I just have to do finals and cover a few mentor hours. Boo-frickin-yah.

That's how I roll...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can vouch for the Karaoke thing. Our dear Clark Bar has one incredible set of pipes. Now if we could have just gotten the damn hack of a DJ to play some Margaritaville instead of contemplating his lovely lady lumps....

Mon Apr 24, 02:47:00 AM CDT  
Blogger T-Mac said...

No karaoke? GASP! Sounds like you had fun anyway. :-)

Mon Apr 24, 04:15:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the Karaoke! So much fun. I did some kick ass Bobby Darin at christmas parties this year. They also talked me into "Love Shack". Eeek!

Tue Apr 25, 09:49:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Dwight...Is Dwight the old guy or the "O-face" guy?

"Oh, oh, oh--You know what I'm talkin' about."

Tue Apr 25, 10:19:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you would think for one second that you might have had more fun than my girls and me in Vegas - good grief!

Thu Apr 27, 05:05:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home