Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Guy tries to jump the Pope.

Earlier today in Rome some tried hopping a rail during a general audience and hitching a ride on the Popemobile. A bunch of suits immediately dragged him to the ground and the Pope appeared none the wiser. I couldn't help noticing, though, the Swiss Guard just standing there in the midst of the fracas. There's video at cnn.com and I'll post a youtube link once it's up, but take a look. Is it just me or did that Swiss guard go into total spectator mode?

I can't say I blame him. They dress the guy in tights and arm him with a butter knife. Can't say I'd do much differently under the circumstances.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't listen to the video clip, but just from watching it I agree that the Swiss Guard just stood idly by. However, perhaps he was ordered to stay out of the way of the "men in black". Perhaps this Pope has a different idea of personal security and wanted the look of the Secret Service rather than Swiss Guard. Just a thought. :) Hope the graduation and trip to Montana went well.

Thu Jun 07, 11:32:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home