Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell, 1933-2007

I have never been a fan of Jerry Falwell. The man advocated segregation, actively supported Apartheid in South Africa, blamed gays and lesbians for 9/11, claimed that AIDS was God's punishment for gays, and suggested that a Teletubby was gay, (you might notice a trend there)yet still maintained a following in this country.

Yet, as sad and despicable as I find this false Christian's life, I find it almost as sad that Anna Nicole Smith's death will carry with it more headlines.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt.

Though I have been quite annoyed by 'how Christian' a lot of eulogies and news stories are trying to make Falwell sound. I'm no fan of organized religion (Christianity being one of those institutions), but I do know that Falwell didn't speak the 'true message' of the Christian faith.

If they want to talk about Falwell's beliefs and the small percentage of evangelicals that were part of his following, fine. But please, stop trying to make it sounds like 'the Christian' belief system.

Wed May 16, 11:19:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home