Friday, September 16, 2005

Cindy Sheehan: Get Our Troops Out of "Occupied" New Orleans

"The people in LA who were displaced have nice, if modest homes that are perfectly fine. I wonder why the government made them leave at great expense and uproot families who have been living in their communities for generations." (Maybe because of the fifteen feet of disease ridden water? How naive can a person be, really?)

"I imagined before that if the military had to be used in a CONUS (Continental US) operations that they would be there to help the citizens: Clothe them, feed them, shelter them, and protect them. But what I saw was a city that is occupied. I saw soldiers walking around in patrols of 7 with their weapons slung on their backs. I wanted to ask one of them what it would take for one of them to shoot me." (She'd love that, wouldn't she?)

"The vast majority of people who were looting in New Orleans were doing so to feed their families or to get resources to get their families out of there. If I had a store with an inventory of insured belongings, and a tragedy happened, I would fling my doors open and tell everyone to take what they need: it is only stuff. When our fellow citizens are told to 'shoot to kill' other fellow citizens because they want to stay alive, that is military and governmental fascism gone out of control." (Right, because people who were searching for food were the ones the government was worried about. Just ignore all the looting of weapons, TVs, DVD players, etc. The National Guard wasn't sent in to deal with the "vast majority" of people in New Orleans, but rather the ones shooting at engineers and medics.)

"It is a Christ-like principle to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and shelter the homeless. That's what is happening in Algiers and other places in Louisiana...but by the people of America, not the so-called 'Christians' in charge. If George Bush truly listened to God and read the words of the Christ, Iraq and the devastation in New Orleans would have never happened." (Do I really even need to say anything? The fallacy underlying this one speaks for itself.)

And the kicker:

"George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power." (Does this woman have absolutely no idea what is going on down there?)

Read the whole thing here.

So there it is. Anyone want to explain to me again that Cindy Sheehan is a legitimate rallying point for the anti-war movement?

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Sky Girl said...

she didn't really say "the" Christ did she? tell me that's a typo, my God.

I think we've created a liberal camera whore monster. And truly I blame myself and all the people like me who gave her a little room cause she was a grieving mom. From now on she and that PR machine moveon sent her are going to issue comment on everything. Great, just Great.

Maybe she should've focused this much energy on keeping her marriage together. Or maybe she should go home and sink herself into taking care fo her ailing mother.

Fri Sep 16, 11:35:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home