Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Some fifth semester thoughts...

...on a beautiful Tuesday evening when I'm stuck in here.

There are some law students who I suspect aren't going to make it at our fine institution of higher learning. Like the 1L down the table from me here in the library who is content to stare off into space with a huge ass grin on his face for ten minutes (I'm timing) instead of reading his Civ Pro.

Or the first-years who treat their 1L rep campaigns like they're running for a frickin' open Senate seat.

Maybe my daydreaming young friend down the way should learn to stick his nose into his book until he knows personal jurisdiction like the palm of his hand (insinuation intended...that's just the kind of smile he has plastered on his face).

Maybe the more ambitious 1L candidates should put off remortgaging their parents' homes to fund their pending campaigns.


And while we're at it, maybe certain 2Ls and 3Ls should pry their lips off of their professors' respective asses (or other parts not listed here) long enough to breathe.

Maybe said students should cut back their pontificating about evil corporations, evil conservatives, evil opinions, evil memos, and other spoon-fed garbage they read in Mother Jones and recited as if they came up with it themselves.

Maybe West Law and Lexis should stop trying to bribe us for future business with worthless little trinkets like cheap faux nalgene bottles, little blue plastic toys, or desk clocks that don't keep time. I quit ordering Happy Meals a couple decades ago, thank you.

Maybe that's a contradiction. I really don't care. I blame the corporations.

Maybe my prof shouldn't spend two class sessions reciting everything I already read in the book.

Maybe they should have built the law school closer to my apartment.

Maybe they should have built the City of Rochester closer to my apartment while they were at it.

Maybe the Vikes should "accidentally" lose Mike Tice in Cleveland and start a pool to see if he can find his way back. Just because Muffin the cat can do it doesn't mean an NFL head coach can.

Maybe there's a legitimate beef somewhere in there.

Then again, maybe I just shouldn't blog when I'm kinda cranky...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe someone should grab themselves a bit to eat. That someone will probably feel better. ;)

Wed Sep 21, 03:37:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Ha! I think a little fresh air did me some good finally yesterday. Sit back, listen to a little Jack Johnson and relax, ya know?

Wed Sep 21, 05:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Cristina said...

jack johnson may do you some good..

well that was cranky indeed.. then I should not start telling you about some italian law students friends of mine, over here..the ones that go and revise on the beach, then move on to discuss issues over their "aperitivo" with a crisp white wine after a day of sunshine and finally let the right amount slip into the right pocket..

no no not quite that bad but nearly there. you know, I have been considering moving back to london soon, or the US even. but why should I? gosh these people know how to live!

(ah some "say hi to your mom" or weezer or belle & sebastian might help too! one day I shall write posts on my playlists. got one for every mood)

Wed Sep 21, 06:30:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Ah, heck. Those days happen every once in awhile. Sometimes you just have to let loose everything you have on your mind, ya know? Honestly, that was the original reason I started this blog. ;o)

Possibly moving westward, eh? You been to these parts before?

Wed Sep 21, 07:32:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home