Sunday, September 25, 2005

I am going to Ireland, bitches.

At this point, the trip appears to be a go from all angles, so no harm in posting the news here. Joey, who's been coaching debate at Northern Arizona while finishing up his bachelor's degree, asked me if I'd be willing to judge for NAU at the World Universities Debate Championship which is being hosted by University College in Dublin. NAU is senting two or three teams, so they need to provide a judge or two as well. I competed at the WUDC back sophomore year of college when it was being held in Glasgow, not that you need to to judge. Hell, anyway, this ultimately means ten days in the Motherland over Christmas break with one of my best friends in the world and no papers or exams hanging over my head. Sounds like a pretty damn good setup.

Anyhow, details to come. The Rooker-Feldman Doctrine calls...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sup moot court buddy

Sun Sep 25, 11:49:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Holla holla.

Rooker-Feldman is goin' down.

Mon Sep 26, 12:38:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

We're sending a team to Ireland as well, and I've asked to be one of the lucky two. We'll see. If I get to be so lucky (hehe, get it?), I guess I'll see you there. ;)

Mon Sep 26, 09:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

I've been doing a little asking around about who the Sir is going to send and have come up with an answer typical of Brent analysis: I haven't a frickin' clue. But make sure you guys stay on him. We gave up the opportunity to send one or two teams to Toronto junior year in order to send a single team to Durban, South Africa senior year. It never happened. Deadlines are approaching so light a fire under it, K? Carroll needs to represent.

Mon Sep 26, 09:55:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home